The town is conveniently situated east of John Glenn Columbus International Airport and has direct access to I-270 and I-670, so getting to downtown Columbus is a breeze.
4 of the Best Gahanna Restaurants
Gahanna is packed with different eateries that offer a wide variety of cuisine.
- Donna’s Delicious Dozen: Specialty donuts are made to order every day at Donna’s Delicious Dozen. They also have a food truck and catering options.
- 101 Beer Kitchen: This eatery is known for its rustic food options, including ale and cheddar soup and lamb burgers. They also have 20 craft beer taps that change seasonally.
- Scotty’s Café: This café has classic breakfast and lunch staples, including omelets, French toast, deli sandwiches and salads.
- Lola and Giuseppe’s Trattoria: This is the place to go if you want quality Italian food. There are plenty of hearty pasta dishes, soups and seafood. You can also get “take and bake” pasta.
6 Parks in Gahanna, Ohio Worth Visiting
There are more than 750 acres of Gahanna parks dotting the town with greenery, bike and walking trails and paved paths.
- Big Walnut Trail: This paved trail follows Big Walnut Creek through the heart of Gahanna. It connects several city parks and scenic stops.
- Academy Park: The 107-acre park is the largest in Gahanna and has several baseball diamonds, basketball courts, fishing spots and playgrounds.
- Pizzuro Park: You’ll find Gahanna’s only off-leash dog park on South Hamilton Road. Dogs of all sizes are welcome at the four-acre park.
- Creekside Park: This park doubles as an arboretum with more than 25 species of trees. Creekside also hosts entertainment and special events.
- Gahanna Woods: The state nature preserve is a swampy forest home to wildflowers, woodland pools and lots of wildlife. Pets are not permitted.
- Geroux Herb Garden: Gahanna is known as the Herb Capital of Ohio. The Ohio Herb Center has tours and classes in the Geroux Herb Garden for those interested in learning about culinary and aromatic herbs.
Gahanna Golf Courses
Golf is a big deal around here. You’ll love living in the area if you’re a golf enthusiast.
- Gahanna Municipal Golf Course: This city golf course is open to golfers of all skill levels, and you can book your tee time online.
- Airport Golf Course: Watch airplanes take off from the John Glenn International Airport at this golf course. It features 18 holes of varying difficulty.
- The Golf Depot: This is the place to be if you’re interested in golf lessons. The Golf Depot includes the Hammond Golf Academy, driving and wedge ranges and a nine-hole course.
Things to Do in Gahanna, Ohio
- The Funky Uncles Band: This venue is home to a party band that loves rock music. The four-person band also performs at local events.
- Cinemark Theater: Head to Stoneridge Plaza to catch the latest movies.
- Chris and Jason’s Traveling Vineyard: You can host a virtual or in-person wine tasting and choose from a selection of award-winning wines. This company also offers wine subscription boxes.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center: Explore the world of LEGOs and interact with various attractions, events and rides.
Planning to Move to Gahanna, Ohio?
Ardent Communities has several apartment communities located in Gahanna, including Victoria Manor, Woodfield Park and Residences at Central Park. Connect with us online to learn about applying to our Gahanna, Ohio apartments.